Thursday, March 16, 2017

Literature Discussions

           Moral Dilemma is when there is a very difficult choice between at least two things. You can find examples of Dilemma in the books we were reading.  
          
          For my class we were doing literature circles. A book we read in our little groups was a book called That Was Then, This Is Now by S.E. Hinton. It takes place in the 1960s. It is about two best friends. One best friend soon figured out that the other friend was dealing drugs to kids. The friend has to make the choice of his life. The choice was unfortunate but right. He called the police and they arrested the friend. I would do the same if I was in the character's shoes. It would be hard for me however.
        
         The next book we read was the prequel of the book. It is called Outsiders also by S.E. Hinton. It is about a group of gangsters (the greasers) that are "at war" with another group of gangsters (the Socs). However we did not finish the book. You can always read it for yourself however. I would find somewhere safe if I was a greaser!     

3 comments:

  1. I finished the book
    Nice descriptions and telling the groups

    ReplyDelete
  2. You left a great cliff hanger on The Outsiders and I would like to congratulate you on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that you gave some background information for the books so that we understood a little bit more. I also like all of the detail.

    ReplyDelete